News & Media

Cash and Leconte return for World Tennis Challenge

29 October 2018, by World Tennis Challenge

Pat Cash (AUS) and Henri Leconte (FRA) are set to return to the World Tennis Challenge from Monday 7 to Tuesday 8 January 2019 at Memorial Drive in Adelaide, South Australia.

Cash and Leconte will headline the Legends field for the event with further player announcements to be made in the coming weeks.

It has also been revealed that the event will be moving to a new two-day format next year.

Former world No.4 and 1987 Wimbledon champion Cash will be returning to the World Tennis Challenge for the first time since 2014, having previously won the event twice.

“I’m excited to return to the World Tennis Challenge,” Cash said.

“The Adelaide crowd is always fun to play in front of and I’m looking forward to being a part of it again in 2019.”

Crowd favourite Leconte, will be visiting the World Tennis Challenge for a record eighth time in 2019.

“I am thrilled to once again be visiting Adelaide for the World Tennis Challenge,” Leconte said.

“I always enjoy playing in South Australia and exploring the city of Adelaide too.”

“The announcement of Cash and Leconte is just the beginning of an incredible field we have lined up for the World Tennis Challenge in 2019,” World Tennis Challenge General Manager David Hearne said.

“The tournament experienced record crowds earlier this year and we’re looking forward to putting on another great event for 2019.

“We are encouraging fans to get in early so they don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to see the players take the court at Memorial Drive.”

Tickets on sale now via Ticketek